There are many styles and sizes within the Whirl-Pak family. For the smaller to medium sized bags here are instructions on how to use them:
- Label the bag with any necessary sample information. (You can use virtually any writing instrument – ballpoint pen, pencil, felt-tip marker)
- Tear off the top of the bag along perforation.
- Use the pull tabs on each side of the bag to open. (Sometimes a little pull on the bottom of the bag can help when opening)
- Put the sample, either liquid or solid, into the bag. (Leave space at the top for closing and mixing if necessary)
- Pull the ends of the wire to close the bag. Hold the bag by the wire ends, whirl the bag 3 complete revolutions to form a leak-proof seal. (whirling the bag will create the tightest seal)
- Bend the wire ends over onto the bag to complete the closing.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know in the comment box below!