Here are a few tips to remember the next time you go to wash your hands:
- Remove all rings you may be wearing.
- Wet your hands with warm or cold water and apply soap.
- Rub your hands vigorously to create a lather.
- Scrub all surfaces, including front, back, wrists and between fingers.
- Continue for at least 20 seconds. (If you sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice, that’s approximately 20 seconds!)
- Rinse your hands well and dry them with a clean paper towel, or air dryer.
- If possible, use your towel to turn off the faucet.