Urology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system as well as the male reproductive organs. The organs that are included under the domain of urology includes the adrenal glands, kidneys, male reproductive organs, urinary bladder, ureters, and urethra. The reproductive and urinary tracts are closely connected and disorders of one often impact the other. Many of the conditions managed in urology can be categorized under genitourinary disorders. Urology combines the medical management of disease (i.e. urinary tract infection) to the management of surgical conditions ranging from bladder or prostate cancer to kidney stones, congenital abnormalities, traumatic injury to stress incontinence.
The American Urologic Association (AUA), governing body for the specialty has divided Urology into seven subspecialties.
- Oncology: The surgical treatment of malignant genitourinary diseases such as cancer of the prostate, adrenal glands, bladder, kidneys, and testes.
- Calculi: Medical, endoscopic, extracorporeal, percutaneous, and surgical management of stones of the urinary tract.
- Female Urology: Medical and surgical management of incontinence and pelvic outlet relaxation disorders.
- Infertility: Medical and surgical management of male infertility.
- Pediatrics: Medical and surgical management of urological disease in the pediatric population.
- Transplant: Renal transplantation or kidney transplantation
- Neurourology: The study of how the nervous system affects the urinary system. Neurological diseases and conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, stroke and spinal cord injury can disrupt the lower urinary tract and result in conditions such as urinary incontinence and the inability to urinate.
Urology Drainage Systems
When a patient undergoes a urological surgical procedure it is important to ensure that the patient is comfortable and protected. Whether a patient is undergoing a cystoscopy procedure, hysterectomy or other urological procedures, a urology drainage system is essential for ensuring the patient’s comfort, hygiene, and health. Drainage systems also help create a more favorable working environment for medical personnel during surgery. When selecting a urology drainage system and components it is important to consider some of the benefits of choosing the right system for your needs.
Benefits Of Drainage Systems
- Provides excellent fluid containment with minimized leakage
- Allows for unobstructed access for the surgeon during operative procedures
- Latex-free surgical drain bags can be safely used for patients with latex sensitivities of skin allergies
- Compatible with all standard suction systems to ensure accurate fluid measurement
- Uro Catcher systems mount easily to hospital table rails with a basic clamp system
- Drain bag frames are flexible yet resilient, adjusting to the physician’s mid-section for maximum comfort while securely keeping the drain bag in place
|Urology Drain Collection Unit||5 U.S. Gallons||10 Per Case||Converts liquids to gel, easy to transport, collects waste when suction is not available|
|Allen Medical Uro Catcher System||U.S. Rail - 3/8" x 1 1/8"|
UK Rail - 6.35 x 31.75 mm
EUR Rail - 10 x 25 mm
|1 Unit||Excellent fluid containment, mounts easily, flexible drape support frame|
|Uro Catcher Drapes -Sterile||Tube dimensions 7/8" (2.2cm) diameter X 64" (162.5cm) length||10 Per Case||Open mesh filter for fast drainage of fluids, flexible hose, velcro securement, suction system not required|
|Uro Catcher Drapes - Non-Sterile||Tube dimensions 7/8" (2.2cm) diameter X 64" (162.5cm) length||10 Per Case||Open mesh filter for fast drainage of fluids, flexible hose, velcro securement, suction system not required|
|Square Style Urology Drain Bag - Sterile||N/A||20 Per Case||Fits all square frames, sterile, individually pouched|
|Uro-Catcher Bags - Sterile||26" bag width, tube length 6'||20 Per Case||Fits all Hoop Style Frames, sterile, individually packed|
|Uro-Catcher Bags - Non-Sterile||26" bag width, tube length 6'||20 Per Case||Fits all Hoop Style Frames, non-sterile|
|Brachytherapy Drapes for Uro Catcher - Sterile||Tube dimensions 7/8" (2.2cm) diameter X 64" (162.5cm) length||10 Per Case||Ultra fine mesh traps designed to catch even the tiniest seeds, velcro securement, flexible hose, compatible with all suction systems, sterile|
|Brachytherapy Drapes for Uro Catcher - Non-Sterile||Tube dimensions 7/8" (2.2cm) diameter X 64" (162.5cm) length||10 Per Case||Ultra fine mesh traps designed to catch even the tiniest seeds, velcro securement, flexible hose, compatible with all suction systems, non-sterile|
There’s a variety of sterile and non-sterile drain bags for use with our urology drainage systems. Our urology drain bags are available in several different shapes and sizes to fit most drain bag frames. If you are interested in trying one of our Uro Catcher Drapes or Bags prior to purchasing we will gladly send you a free sample to your hospital or clinic.