Question: How Do I Order Prescription Lead Glasses?
This is a frequently asked question that we receive from our new and existing customers. This post will walk you through the necessary steps to ensure that your order is processed in a timely manner. It is our goal to make your experience as painless as possible.
We currently offer over 75 different styles of lead glasses available with different types of enhancements. There are three prescription lens types available, including single vision, lined bifocal, and progressive bifocal (progressive lenses). Please note that the availability of Rx lenses will vary by frame type.
Step 1 – Find your pair of lead glasses
- Visit www.UniversalMedicalInc.com
- Select Radiation Protection from the category menu on the left side of the homepage
- Select Lead Glasses from the sub category
- View all Lead Glasses
- Refine your search by choosing a subcategory e.g., Classic Frames, Nike Frames, Wiley-X Frames or Gucci Frames.
Step 2 – Determine prescription type
- Single vision
- Lined bifocal
- Progressive bifocal (no-lines)
Step 3 – Choose Your Lens Style
Please note that options will vary by frame style and manufacturer. Due to the custom nature of prescription lead glasses they cannot be returned.
- Anti-reflective (not available with prescription lens)
- Fog free (not available with prescription lens)
- Single vision Rx
- Lined Bifocal Rx
- Progressive bifocal Rx
Pricing adjusts in real-time as you add enhancements to the frames. The single vision, lined bifocal, and progressive bifocal prescription radiation safety lenses all offer the industry standard 0.75mm lead equivalency and are manufactured using SCHOTT SF-6 HT radiation resistant glass.
Step 4 – Choose frame color
Please note that color options will vary by frame style and manufacturer
Step 5 (Optional) – Add frame imprint text
- Frames will be laser engraved
- Imprint limit is 35 characters (may vary by model)
- Engraved glasses are non-returnable
Step 6 – Select desired quantity and click “add to cart”
Step 7 – Review your order
- Review your order for accuracy
Step 8 – Proceed to checkout
- Returning customers can sign in for faster checkout
- New customers can create a personal account (Benefits of registering: quick checkout on future orders, easy order tracking, and special offers)
Step 9 – Enter billing and shipping information
- Enter your billing information
- Enter your shipping information
- Choose your shipping method (Selecting Next Day or 2nd Day Air will only change the shipping transit time, as prescription lenses are made to order)
- Enter payment information
Step 10 – Add Prescription Information
Please note that the manufacturer will contact us if they have any additional questions regarding the prescription after their initial review to ensure accuracy.
- Add prescription information in the “Order Comments/Special Instructions” box
- Include OD/OS values from prescription
- Include Pupillary Distance (PD)
- Prescriptions can be faxed to 1-800-535-6229
- Prescriptions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescription lead glasses normally take at least two weeks to produce (may vary depending on item availability). If you need prescription lenses before a certain date contact, please customer service for specific information regarding frame availability and production time. As mentioned above, selecting priority shipping will only expedite the transit time of the package. Since the prescription lenses are made for your unique eye prescription, production times will vary. In an upcoming post, we will discuss the different prescription lens types that we offer in more detail. If you’re curious as to how prescription lead glasses are made, you’ll want to make sure and check out our video.
Not sure what type of frame is right for you? Many of our lead glasses have product demonstration videos to help you find the right style. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment in the box below.