In the World Health Organization publication “Practical Guidelines for Infection Control in Health Care Facilities” it states that disposable shoe covers should be worn where there is the likelihood the patient’s blood, bodily fluids, secretions or excretions may splash, spill or leak onto the hair or shoes. Disposable shoe covers should not be reused and should be discarded according to the healthcare facility protocol.
When selecting a disposable shoe cover you will want to consider the material, type of seam and application. When selecting disposable shoe covers there are several material options available to choose from including all film CPE (Chlorinated Polyethylene), SureGrip™, GenPro®, and AquaTrak®.
Material Properties & Applications
- The CPE shoe covers are heat sealed, seamless and offer excellent fluid resistant and provide great dry surface traction. These non-particulate, non-conductive disposable shoe covers are ideal for critical environments by reducing the potential of contamination upon entering work areas.
- The SureGrip™ shoe cover exhibits excellent anti-skid properties and is simply the best material for damp and dry conditions. These disposable shoe covers have an ultra low particulate count and exhibit excellent anti-skid properties without adding any extra material to the sole that could add to contamination concerns.
- The AquaTrak® material provides excellent protection in both wet and dry conditions, this material was designed specifically for superior performance in wet conditions. The anti-skid properties provide amazing slip and fall protection without any additional coatings. These boot covers provide the user a breathable and comfortable PPE solution.
- Serged Seams are produced when the threads are interlocked around the material edges for a strong stress-resistant seam.
- Heat-Sealed Seams are strong and creates an impervious seam when ultra-sonic welding is incompatible with the shoe or boot cover material.
- Ultrasonically Welded Seam are created without thread holes and is welded together creating a superior particle and fluid barrier.
- Tunneled Elastic Seam design provides a secure closure for the shoe or boot cover and helps limit the particle and fluid contamination.
|Product Name||Material||Seam Type||Color||Features|
|CPE All-Film Shoe Covers||CPE||Heat Sealed Seams||Blue||Seamless Sole, Lightweight, Non-Conductive, Fluid Resistant, Latex-Free|
|SureGrip Serged Seam Shoe Covers||SureGrip||Serged Seams||Blue||Anti-Skid Properties, Fluid Impervious Material, Ultra Low Particulate Counts, Wet & Dry Environments|
|AquaTrak Sonic Welded Seamless Sole Ankle High Boot Covers||AquaTrak||Sonic Welded||Blue||Protects In Wet & Dry Conditions (Advanced Material), Anti-Skid, Fluid Impervious, Sonic Welded Seamless Soles, High Breathability, Low Particulate Counts, Tunneled Elastic Top|
When it comes to selecting the right disposable shoe covers it is important to understand the various qualities of the materials and which one is right for your specific application. The CPE film disposable shoe covers are perfect for many applications where value and transition are required. The SureGrip disposable shoe covers have been proven themselves as the shoe cover of choice for a wide range of floor surfaces in different applications while providing you with high performance and overall value. The GenPro disposable shoe covers are excellent for facility visitors for non-hazardous environments, these covers provide a moderate barrier to fluids, particulates, and contamination. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us directly for more information or leave a comment below.